Consultant (Cyber-Crime, Digital Forensics & OSINT)
Tony Bennett retired from the British Transport Police (BTP) in 2015. He has over 26 years’ experience as an Investigator and Intelligence Gathering Specialist within the police service.
Tony has been involved in cyber-related criminal investigations and training for several years. Before his retirement, Tony was a Detective and Intelligence Gathering Specialist, the BTP national trainer for Intelligence Gathering and Cyber-Crime Techniques and over six years, the supervisor of the BTP National High-Tech Crime Unit in London.
Following retirement, Tony has continued teaching Online Intelligence and Evidence Gathering (OSINT) Techniques along with other Cyber-Crime related training. Tony was an Associate Tutor for the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) delivering the Open Source Internet Investigation module for their Cybercrime Investigation MSc/PGDip/PGCert programme.
Tony has conducted public speaking and training around the world, including Australia, Europe, The Middle East and Eastern Europe.
- MSc with Merit in Computer Forensics (University of Westminster)
- Certificate in Forensic Psychology, Level 3 (NCC Resources Ltd)
- Introduction to Cyber Security (The Open University)
- Cybercrime Course (NCC Resources Ltd)
- Police National Database (PND) Certified Trainer (College of Policing)
- Mainstream Cyber Crime Trainer (College of Policing)
- Single point of contact (SPOC) accredited (College of Policing)
- Accredited PIP (Professionalising Investigation Programme) Level 2 Investigator qualified in the occupational standards for serious & complex investigations
- Qualified Investigative interviewing for serious & complex investigations (IISCI) including ABE (Achieving Best Evidence)
- Modular imaging and image processing training (Vogon Ltd)
- Core skills in data recovery & analysis, Advanced internet traces, Core skills in mobile phone forensics (NCPE/NSLEC/NPIA)
- Encase training (Guidance Software)
- Forensic Tool Kit (FTK) Training (Access Data)
- Apple Mac Forensics Training (BlackBag Technologies)
- Virtual Forensic Computing (VFC) training (MD5 Ltd)
- XRY phone analysis training (Micro Systemation)
- Aceso phone forensics training (Radio Tactics Ltd)
- OCR Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTTLS) (Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Assessment Group)
Tony is a subject matter expert in Intelligence Gathering, Digital Forensics, Online Internet Intelligence and Evidence Gathering (OSINT) Techniques, the Internet and Cyber-Crime related matters.
Countries in which Employed:
Australia, Norway, Ireland, UK